Thursday, July 3, 2008

Red Potatoes and Herbs de Provence


Herbs de Provence are so underused in my opinion and they are one of my favorite herbs to use. I love the complexity of the flavor and the aroma they add to any dish. I use them with pork chops, in soups, stews, on roasted vegetables, and in many other recipes. Lydia posted an entire blog just on Herbs de Provence, you should check it out! This potato recipe went over very well at my Sunday brunch, but this would be a perfect side dish to any lunch, breakfast, or dinner.

Red Potatoes and Herbs de Provence

Red Potatoes
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Herbs de Provence
Salt & Pepper

Clean potatoes and cut into cubes, and place in a baking sheet. Drizzle potatoes generously with olive oil and then sprinkle liberally with the Herbs de Provence, and salt & pepper, stir to ensure potatoes are well coated with spices. Place in a 375 degree oven and bake until golden and crisp, about 30 minutes, turning half way through cooking.

1 comment:

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

Perfect potatoes for the holiday weekend -- and don't the herbes de Provence tastes great on potatoes? One of my favorite combinations!