Monday, July 21, 2008

Summer Pasta Salad


I just can’t get enough fresh veggies during the summer and thought I would throw all my favorites into a pasta salad. I almost named this Ratatouille Pasta Salad but Summer Pasta Salad seemed to fit better. This is such an easy recipe to whip up for a picnic, dinner, or a barbecue, you must try it out. I usually make my more traditional pasta salad with the mayonnaise based dressing, but thought I would change it up a bit this time.

Summer Pasta Salad

1 Package Tri-Colored Rotelli Pasta, cooked, drained, and cooled
2 Yellow Summer Squash
2 Small Zucchini
1 Cucumber, peeled and seeded
4 Roma Tomatoes
1 Red & Yellow Bell Pepper, seeded
½ Red Onion
8 Ounces Fetta
1 Bottle Italian Dressing (yes I cheated a bit here)

Cut all veggies into similar sized pieces, toss with pasta, cheese, and dressing and let sit for a couple hours for the flavors to meld together. You will probably need to add more dressing before serving, the pasta soaks it up very quickly.

3 comments:

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

Classic summer picnic fare -- and nicely photographed, too!

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious! I can just picture my Farmers Market veggies in there now. Think it would be okay to toss in some sauteed spinach?

Jason said...

Angie, I would toss in fresh spinach at the last minute versus sauteed, it might me a little too soggy for this salad as everything else is really crisp.