Monday, July 21, 2008

Summer Pasta Salad

I just can’t get enough fresh veggies during the summer and thought I would throw all my favorites into a pasta salad. I almost named this Ratatouille Pasta Salad but Summer Pasta Salad seemed to fit better. This is such an easy recipe to whip up for a picnic, dinner, or a barbecue, you must try it out. I usually make my more traditional pasta salad with the mayonnaise based dressing, but thought I would change it up a bit this time.

Summer Pasta Salad

1 Package Tri-Colored Rotelli Pasta, cooked, drained, and cooled
2 Yellow Summer Squash
2 Small Zucchini
1 Cucumber, peeled and seeded
4 Roma Tomatoes
1 Red & Yellow Bell Pepper, seeded
½ Red Onion
8 Ounces Fetta
1 Bottle Italian Dressing (yes I cheated a bit here)

Cut all veggies into similar sized pieces, toss with pasta, cheese, and dressing and let sit for a couple hours for the flavors to meld together. You will probably need to add more dressing before serving, the pasta soaks it up very quickly.


Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

Classic summer picnic fare -- and nicely photographed, too!

Angie U said...

This looks delicious! I can just picture my Farmers Market veggies in there now. Think it would be okay to toss in some sauteed spinach?

Jason said...

Angie, I would toss in fresh spinach at the last minute versus sauteed, it might me a little too soggy for this salad as everything else is really crisp.