Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Avocado and Tomatillo Salsa


I saw this recipe online and had to make it, as I am such a huge salsa fan. The flavor is bright, tangy, and almost refreshing. I don’t use tomatillos very often, but when I do I always enjoy them. This recipe went perfectly with my pork tacos that I made this week, don’t worry that recipe will be up very soon! I think next time I make it I might add a bit of sour cream to make the texture a little more creamy. Also, this recipe makes a pretty large batch, so you may want to cut it in half.

Avocado and Tomatillo Salsa

3 Avocados, peeled and chopped
8 Ounces Fresh Tomatillos, husked, rinsed and chopped
2 Serrano Pepper, seeded and chopped
2 Tablespoons Onion, minced
2 Tablespoons Cilantro, chopped

Place the tomatillos, Serrano peppers, onion, and cilantro in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely minced. Add the avocados and pulse until the texture is to your liking, I left mine a little bit chunky.

1 comment:

Pam said...

I have never used tomatillos in my cooking and I love them. This is a great recipe to finally try them with.