Sunday, October 26, 2008

Almost Guilt Free Chips

Do you ever have a craving for chips? I think I do on a daily basis, but try not to have them on hand because they would be gone within minutes. I also love chips and salsa, It’s one of my favorite snacks, and I could eat them every day of the week. When I plan on making salsa, I love to make these oven baked chips, because they are so much healthier that fried corn chips. The texture is similar to a regular chip, just a bit tougher, but I personally like the extra bit of crunch it adds.

Almost Guilt Free Chips

6 Corn Tortillas
Vegetable Oil Cooking Spray
Kosher Salt

Cut tortillas into the size of chips you like, and lay on a baking sheet in a single layer. Spray the chips liberally with the cooking spray then sprinkle with salt. Bake at 500 degrees until golden brown and crispy, about 5 minutes. Make sure to watch them carefully because they do burn really easily. Enjoy!


1 comment:

Pam said...

They look fantastic! I love making my own corn chips but I end up eating too many because they are so tasty.