Saturday, September 15, 2007

Roasted Acorn Squash


I am so excited to finally have acorn squash ready in my garden! This is one of my favorite fall items and I have several recipes I use squash in. It is definitely getting colder here and fall is in their air that means it’s time for some good comfort food. I have tomorrow off and it’s supposed to be rainy and cold, I’m thinking that the first pot-roast of the season is in order.
Roasted Acorn Squash
Cut squash in half and remove seeds. Sprinkle with coarse salt and black pepper, and then drizzle each half with about 1 Tablespoon dark molasses. Place on a baking sheet, cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 1 hour, or until tender. If you like your squash a little sweeter, they are good with a sprinkle of brown sugar.

No comments: