Saturday, September 8, 2007

Dry-Spiced Potatoes with Cauliflower


Yeah, I am finally home!!! Two weeks is a long time to be away from home eating out. I can’t even begin to decide what to make for dinner. I think this is the last Indian dish recipe I have in my files. I am making all of these wonderful recipes tomorrow for my co-workers, but have to change them to vegan recipes…I have my fingers crossed they will turn out the same. I will take some pictures and post on Monday.
Dry-Spiced Potatoes with Cauliflower

1 Pound Potatoes, peeled and washed
1 Pound Cauliflower, broken into florets
½ Teaspoon Vegetable Oil
1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
1 Jalapeno Pepper, finely chopped
1 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
¼ Teaspoon Chili Powder
½ Teaspoon Ground Turmeric
1 Teaspoon Salt
Chopped Fresh Cilantro, to garnish

Cut the peeled and washed potatoes into 1 inch cubes, and par-boil in salted boiling water for about 10 minutes, or until just soft. Drain well and set aside.

Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat and fry the cumin seeds for 2 minutes until they begin to sputter. Add the jalapeno pepper and fry for a further 1 minute.

Add the cauliflower florets to the pan, and fry, stirring, for 5 minutes.

Add the potatoes, spices and salt. Cook for a further 7-10 minutes, or until both vegetables are tender. Garnish with chopped cilantro.

No comments: