Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Dark & Stormy


Do you ever go out for dinner, have a drink and wonder what was in it? Well I had that experience recently at Toro Bravo, a local Tapas Restaurant. I had a drink called the Dark and Stormy, and yes I ordered it just because of the name! I was surprised with the simplicity of ingredients and the wonderful full flavors that drink has to offer. I had a couple friends over and decided to make this as our featured cocktail. It's refreshing and perfect for a hot summer afternoon!
In reading recipes there is quite a debate on wether to use lime or not, I went ahead and put it in, as I always love the bright citris flavor it adds. Also, it is said that you must use Goslings Black Seal Rum and Ginger Beer, no othere substite will do. I personally think any high quality dark rum would be just fine. I could only find ginger beer at Whole Foods and New Seasons, my regular grocer only sold ginger ale, which is much different. Cheers!

Dark & Stormy

2 Ounces Goslings Black Seal Rum
1 12 Ounce Bottle Ginger Beer
Ice
Lemon

Fill a large tumbler with ice, add rum and ginger beer, stir. Add lemon as garnish, if desired.


4 comments:

Pam said...

This looks and sounds tasty - I've never had a dark and stormy before.

Dewi said...

Hi Jason,
it's my firs time here, and I can see that you've made many great food here. I'll be visiting from time to time.

Your drink sounds fabulous!

♥peachkins♥ said...

Hello,I just stumbled upon your blog and I enjoyed browsing around...

Jan said...

I have never heard of this one before, but I think those flavors might well work together. You say they do - and I believe you. Cheers, make mine a large one. :-)