Monday, February 9, 2009

Fuzzy Navel


I was watching TV the other day and got inspired by the old days with the 5 o’clock cocktail, and thought it would be fun to feature a weekly beverage. I love a good cocktail, but don’t really drink them that often, as I’m more of a wine or beer person. I thought it would be a good idea to finally use that cocktail book that’s been sitting on my bookshelf the last 10 years!
Do you have a favorite cocktail that I could make and publish on my blog? If you do I would love to hear what it is! Just send an email to jasonhills78@msn.com and I will make it, take a picture and post on my blog (don’t forget to send a link to your blog if you have one). I do love to try new things, and thought this would be a great way to make this happen.

A Fuzzy Navel is one of the first cocktails that I ever had, except it was served on the rocks, had really cheap vodka, and no garnish. I think this version is definitely much more delicious, and looks so much better up as a martini. Cheers!

Fuzzy Navel

1 Ounce Vodka
1 Ounce Peach Schnapps
5 Ounces Orange Juice
Maraschino Cherries, to garnish

In a shaker full of ice add the vodka, peach schnapps and orange juice, shake until extremely cold. Pour a splash of the maraschino cherry juice into the bottom of the glass (it’s just for color) and the gently pour the vodka mixture on top. Garnish with a couple cherries and enjoy!

3 comments:

Pam said...

This looks so pretty. I, unfortunately, can't do peach schnapps. Over doing it one night when you are a teenager can ruin your taste for certain alchoholic beverages. UGH.

kokocooks said...

It's nice to see you posting again. I tried your pumpkin whoopie pie recipe, and they were fantastic.

Jan said...

That sounds nice. Like you I'm not much of a cocktail drinker, I prefer wine. My cocktail of choice would be a vodka martini, with lots of olives.

The first cocktail I ever drank, back in my teens, (in England it's legal to drink at age 18), was called a Jellybean. I know it had pernod in but i'm not sure what else. I don't think I could drink one now, too sweet.