Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cucumber Citrus Salsa



I was in the mood for salsa the other day, but didn't want to go to the store so I decided to create a salsa with the ingredients on hand, it turned out pretty darn good too. I just kept adding ingredients until it tasted right. I ended up making fish tacos and used this as a marinade and also as a salsa, and then I used it on grilled chicken as well, so it’s pretty versatile.

Cucumber Citrus Salsa

1 Small Onion
1 Large Handful Cilantro
4 Limes, Juiced
1 Cucumber, peeled and chopped
1 Bunch Spinach
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Pepper
1 Teaspoon Cumin
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Tablespoon Dried Chili Flakes (or one jalapeno chili)

In a food processor or blender add the onion, cilantro, and lime juice and process until finely minced. Add all remaining ingredients and process until smooth, adjust seasonings with sugar, salt & pepper to taste.

No comments: