Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Meatloaf



Meatloaf is one of those things that brings me back to my childhood. I have always loved meatloaf, but hardly ever make it. It is one of the quickest main dishes I have ever made and it’s great for leftovers, so go ahead and give it a try. This is definitely the traditional version of a meatloaf, especially with the ketchup on the top, but why try to fancify something that is so good just as it is?

Meatloaf

1-1/2 Pounds Ground Beef
1 Onion, finely minced
2 Stalks Celery, finely chopped
1 Cup Bread Crumbs (I used crushed up saltines because I was out of breadcrumbs)
½ Cup Ketchup, plus more for the topping
2 Tablespoons Yellow Mustard
1 Tablespoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Pepper
2 Eggs

Combine all ingredients until well blended. Place in a 9x13-inch baking pan or on a cookie sheet and form into a large “loaf”, top with ketchup. Bake at 375-degrees for 45-60 minutes, or until an instant read thermometer reads 170 degrees.

No comments: