Friday, October 5, 2007

Tomato Bruschetta


This is one of my favorite appetizers to make. It's really simple and always a hit. I have given out this recipe many times and everyone always tells me it was the best dish at thier party. It's really funny that when I made this for my birthday party, I forgot the chevre!!! It is still in the fridge, looks like I need to make another batch! Sorry the picture is so blurry, I only took one picture of this and of course it didn't come out very well, I tried to doctor it up a bit, but with little success.
Tomato Bruschetta

6 Roma Tomatoes, diced
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 Bunch Cilantro, or Small Package Basil, chopped
1 Teaspoon Salt
½ Teaspoon Pepper
4 ounces Chevre Cheese, Crumbled (optional)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
French Baguette

Mix tomatoes, garlic, cilantro/basil, salt and pepper in medium mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and mix, set aside. Cut baguette into ¼ inch thick slices and place on baking sheet. Brush baguette slices with olive oil, place under broiler and cook until golden brown and crispy. Remove from baking sheet and place on cooling rack.
Just before serving add chevre (if using) to tomato mixture and stir until just incorporated. Serve tomato bruschetta on top of browned baguette slices.

No comments: