Sunday, October 21, 2007

Favorite Cooking Things







....brown paper packages tied up with string, these are a few of my favorite things.....


I love talking to people who cook and always ask them “what are your favorite kitchen items?” I thought it would be fun to share mine with you.
I must admit that the most necessary, but not necessarily the most fun items are my knives. If you have ever used a dull horrid knife you totally know what I’m talking about. I do have to admit that I have a plethora of knives and end up using 3 of them; my 10” chef’s knife, 8” utility knife, and my paring knife. I have Henckles but, bought them because they were comfortable for me….if you are buying a knife, don’t only look at a good quality brand, TRY THEM OUT FIRST!!! Working at Williams Sonoma in the past I have heard many people complain about their knives because they weren’t comfortable for them and good knives are really expensive!
In the cookware realm, I am an All Clad snob, and own excessive amounts of these beautiful shiny chrome pots and pans. The pans that I would rescue in case of a fire would be the 6 quart deep sauté pan (my friend Doug and I actually had a fight over it once!), the 12” skillet (plain and non-stick). I also love my Le Creuset for slow cooking and braises, I have a 5 quart braiser, and my new 7 quart French oven, they are not only the best pans ever made, but also fun to look at!
You can’t cook without some cooks tools! I use a few favorite’s all the time, my silicone spatulas, in all sizes and colors, my bamboo wooden spoons (they don’t pick up stains or odors!), and also my French made balloon whisk (this makes the best mashed potatoes, and the lightest whipped cream).
What are your favorite cooking things??? Let me know!

No comments: