Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Fried Zucchini


One of my favorite things about summer is having fresh veggies from the garden. I was pleasantly surprised this week when I went out to the garden and found my first veggie, zucchini! What did I do with it, well fry it of course! This is my sinful pleasure during summer and having my own zucchini plant may be my downfall this year, we will see.

Fried Zucchini

1-2 Zucchini, washed and cut into ½ inch thick slices
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
2 Eggs, Beaten
1 Cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs,

Place Flour, beaten eggs, and bread crumbs in three separate wide bowls for breading the zucchini. First place the zucchini slices in the flour, shake off excess flour. Next place slices into beaten eggs and coat, then place into bread crumbs to coat. Repeat until all zucchini is breaded.
Place 1/2 inch of oil in large heavy bottom skilled and heat oil until wooden spoon inserted makes the oil bubble. Place breaded zucchini slices into oil and cook 3-5 minutes per side until dark golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on plate covered in paper towels. Immediately sprinkle with lots of kosher salt. Enjoy!

No comments: