Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Cucumbers in Vinegar



I remember growing up and eating these at my great grandmothers house. She always had fresh garden veggies to eat and it seemed that every summer meal was not complete without the vinegar cucumbers. She used cucumbers and onion, which I left out, but either way it’s tart, tangy, and delicious.

Cucumbers with Vinegar

I’m almost embarrassed to call this a recipe…all you do is peel and slice your cucumbers, then cover with white vinegar, sprinkle in a little salt and pepper then let sit for a couple hours! If desired slice up a sweet onion and mix in.

3 comments:

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

Sometimes the best recipes are non-recipes! With garden-fresh cucumbers, you really want to do as little as possible to them, and these "pickles" look perfect.

QGIRL said...

I love to eat cucumbers like this with Thai chicken satay or anything spicy. the cool cucumber balances out the heat.
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I will continue to check out your blog for recipe ideas!
Ciao.

QGIRL said...

p.s. I add a little sugar to my vinegar, salt and pepper mix.
:)