Monday, May 5, 2008

Chicken Strips


When I first started making fried chicken I never put corn meal in the batter, but have been using more and more in my recipes and this one turned out pretty darn good. I love the crispiness and texture it adds to the breading. I usually don’t make chicken strips, but was watching a movie and wanted to make something quick and so decided to cut the chicken up into strips so it would cook quicker. I do love the extra breading you get tough, a definite plus!

Chicken Strips

2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into strips
1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Cornmeal
1 Teaspoon Salt & Pepper
1 Teaspoon Paprika
½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
¼ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (or more to taste)
Vegetable Oil, for frying

Mix all dry ingredients and dredge chicken to thoroughly coat. Heat 1 inch oil to 350 degrees in a deep heavy bottomed skillet and fry chicken until golden brown and crispy (a few minutes on each side). Remove chicken from oil and drain on a paper towel, sprinkle with a little extra kosher salt and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.

1 comment:

Kurare13 said...

Lovved reading this thanks