Thursday, November 6, 2008

Pumpkin Waffles


I have been so busy with work I haven’t been able to get into the kitchen this last week, it’s killing me! I had today off and have been wanting to try out a pumpkin waffle recipe and thought that would be perfect for breakfast today. I’m not a big fan of belgium waffles, so I used a traditional waffle iron and they turned out really soft, moist and delicious. This recipe can be used with a belgium waffle iron as well, so just use whatever you have on hand. I think you could even make pumpkin pancakes with this batter, the ingredients are pretty similar to pancake batter, maybe I will give that a try next time.
I was going to make a cinnamon flavored whipped cream for the topping, but was too lazy, so I melted some butter over the top and drizzed them with a little honey, perfection!

Pumpkin Waffles

2 ½ Cups Flour
1/3 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
½ Teaspoon Salt
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
4 Eggs
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Buttermilk
1 15 Ounce Can Pumpkin
6 Tablespoons Butter, melted

In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients with a whisk, set aside. In a second large bowl whisk together all the remaining ingredients until well combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients, whisking until completely incorporated.
Pre-heat your oven to 250 degrees (to keep waffles warm while you make them)
Pour the appropriate amount of batter into your greased and pre-heated waffle iron and cook according to the manufactures directions, place waffle in oven to keep warm, and repeat until all batter is used.
Serve with warm maple syrup, or honey.













No comments: