Sunday, March 22, 2009

Baked Scallops & Asparagus


I had some scallops hanging out in my freezer and thought I would finally rescue them and make a really easy and quick dinner. Do you ever have those days where you just don’t feel like cooking but can’t stand the thought of take-out? If so, this is the meal for you, as it only takes a few minutes. I baked the scallops at the same time as my asparagus and had dinner within about 15 minutes from start to finish.

Baked Scallops & Asparagus

12 Ounces Scallops
1 Cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
1 Cup Finely Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1 Bunch Asparagus
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper

Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. Pull out a large baking sheet, and place asparagus on one side of it. Drizzle a little olive oil over the asparagus and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Next mix together the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Drizzle the scallops with a little olive oil and then roll around in the breading to coat, place on the baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes, then turn on the broiler and continue baking for just a couple minutes until the scallops become golden and crisp. Serve immediately.
Serves 2

4 comments:

tamilyn said...

Scallops are so pretty, but I hate to admit that I don't like seafood-well, any that I have tried up to this point. I need to find someone to order scallops and snitch one off their plate to see!

Anonymous said...

What an easy dinner.

I just started making apsaragus last year for my family and turns out all three of my kids liked it, and I liked it too!

Baking it is my favorite way, but with the parmesan cheese, that's even better!

Jan said...

Don't you love it when you find things lurking in the freezer that you had forgotten about? This sounds like my kinda dinner, quick, tasty, and ready in 15 mins, who needs take out?

Maris said...

I love having scallops when I go out to dinner but I've never made them at home. You make it look so easy!