Monday, September 10, 2007

Dinner At Val's

Isn't this the perfect dining room.....you should see the kitchen, it's even more fabulous!

Ok, ok, ok, so I totally staged the rice and ingredients that go in it, what else would you expect?


A new Indian recipe! This was a yummy zucchini with a tomato curry sauce (yes, I still have a million zucchini's in my garden that I am trying to use!)

Jessica made this amazing dessert! It was fresh pears with sugar and cinnamon wrapped in filo dough, sprinkled with powdered sugar. I devoured the rest for breakfast today.

This dinner party was so much fun. We were throwing a baby shower for Jessica, and it turned into a little dinner party as well (I know complete shocker!) I made Indian food, all vegan. We had Tofu Saag, Indian Spiced Eggplant, Zucchini with Tomato Curry Sauce, Basmati Rice, Naan Bread, and Cucumber Riata, Yummy! I was a little nervous substituting soy products for the dairy in all the recipes, but they came out perfect. Val has the ideal kitchen with granite counters, a 6 burner range, and double ovens, I actually used all of them. Gary has the best wine cellar ever and we enjoyed Argyle Champagne, and an amazing '97 Chianti...I think I might move in!
My friend Greg and I are planning on a day of cooking on Wednesday, so get ready for some amazing new recipes!

No comments: